What you need to start personalizing your site with Clearbit Reveal
Every visitor to your website isn't a prospect. But B2B businesses often make the mistake of treating their websites as one-size-fits-all. Speaking to everybody the same way dilutes your message and makes it harder to connect with your specific audiences.
By matching IP addresses from your web traffic with company profiles, Clearbit Reveal enables real-time website personalization. The result: even before form fills and signups, you can serve up targeted messages for the prospects you care about the most — including all those leads you've already spent all that money driving towards your site.
Here's a quick overview of what you need to get started personalizing your website with Clearbit Reveal:
|Required ingredients for site personalization with Clearbit Reveal|
|Audience||At least 1 segment you want to target, like specific: |
|Traffic||At least around 20,000 monthly unique visitors (MUVs)|
Recommended personalization platforms:
Read on for more information about who should be thinking about site personalization, all the tools you need to get up and running, and simple personalization ideas to increase conversions and revenue.
Jump ahead to
- Who needs to prioritize website personalization?
- The tools you need to get set up
- Simple personalization ideas to increase conversions and revenue
If you're a B2B business that serves more than one segment and is getting enough monthly traffic (we generally look for 20,000 monthly unique visitors), your website should be able to speak directly to those segments. This include business models or go-to-market strategies that involve:
- serving multiple industries
- offering different levels of service or distinct plan tiers, such as:
- self-serve or freemium plan vs. high-touch accounts
- business vs. consumer
- SMB vs. enterprise
- team vs. individual
- pursuing specific target accounts (ABM)
- offering multiple products
- dealing with a frustrating amount of noise as a result of inbound lead volume.
Next, you need a way to create and serve up personalized content to those visitors. plug-and-play personalization is the easiest solution. We recommend integrating directly with these platforms:
- Google Optimize (how to integrate with Reveal)
- Optimizely (how to integrate with Reveal)
- Mutiny (includes onboarding and personalization advising services)
Or use Segment to connect your Clearbit Reveal data to a personalization platform.
Once integrated, you'll define specific audiences in your personalization platform. These segments will be based on attributes from Clearbit Reveal, such as company size, industry, tech stack, location, and more. You'll be able to combine this firmographic information about your visitors along with their behavior on your site in your personalization platform to automatically serve up the most relevant experience for your key visitors.
Site personalization can sound like a huge project, something a big consumer company like Netflix does, with lots of resources and fancy machine learning.
For most B2B businesses, you can start seeing higher-value conversions, just by personalizing a few elements. Here are two super-simple approaches:
- Start with your homepage and personalize one or more of these elements for one ideal targeted audience:
- call-to-action button
- Or funnel visitors into the right-size plan on signup based on company size.
For example, Frame.io made over half a million dollars in ARR, simply by using Clearbit Reveal data to create a simple URL routing variation with Google Optimize (via Segment). Instead of sending everyone into a generic free plan and relying on them to choose the right plan later on — an extra step — visitors from companies with over 10 employees were automatically routed to the Pro plan experience. And all it took was 30 minutes to set up.
More personalization ideas
- Emphasize customer logos or testimonials for social proof based on visitor’s company size, industry, business model, or location
- Customize headlines or value props to resonate with visitor’s specific segment
- Show special offers only if visitor is a qualified lead
- Offer whitepapers based on visitor’s industry
- Highlight product integrations based on visitor’s tech stack