Reveal a person’s location based on site visits
Once you know who your website visitors are, you can customize their experience to improve engagement and conversions.
Clearbit Reveal already delivers company-level information based on an IP address. But people work and browse from plenty of places outside of their company headquarters. So we now provide a visitor’s location data, including city, state, and country.
Clearbit will reveal a person’s location data — even when we can’t identify their company. So if a new remote teammate was browsing our site, we could still personalize based on their current location.
What new kinds of dynamic site personalization can you do?
- Customize calls-to-action based on whether the visitor is in a place within your ideal customer profile. For instance, only show a “Contact Sales” option to identified visitors from qualified companies or non-identified visitors in target cities like San Francisco, New York, or Boston.
- Showcase nearby physical locations, such as retail stores, spaces, or properties. For instance, businesses like Opendoor (for buying and selling homes) or Breather (for booking workspaces) could show nearby listings — from the user’s very first visit to their homepage.
- Promote upcoming local events, like conferences and meetups
- Show familiar images to help the visitor connect faster. For example, show visitors from San Francisco photos of relevant local spots or the logos of San Francisco companies.
- Customize content, like displaying relevant news or featuring content marketing based on location.
Provide a more relevant experience from the very first visit with this new person location data!