Clearbit CCPA Policy
Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of Personal Information within the last 12 months:
|Personal Information Collected over the last 12 months||Categories of Sources from which this Personal Information was Collected|
|Identifiers||name, business address, email address, telephone number, IP address, publicly visible social media identifiers (handles, user names/IDs, avatars, follower/following counts, publicly visible statuses or biographies)||Your Interactions With Us, Integrated First Party Data, Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies, Information from Clearbit Indexers, Clearbit Browser Extensions|
|Customer Record Information||financial information, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number||Your Interactions With Us|
|Commercial Information||Clearbit products and services you’ve purchased or considered purchasing||Your Interactions With Us, Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies|
|Internet or Electronic Network Activity||IP address, date and time of visits, pages viewed, links to/from any page, time spent at a site, hashed identifiers derived from email addresses for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising, device identifiers and indicators||Your Interactions With Us, Integrated First Party Data, Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies, Information from Clearbit Indexers, Clearbit Browser Extensions|
|Geolocation Data||city, state, country, time zone,latitude and longitude data of the city center of the city in which a company is located||Your Interactions With Us, Integrated First Party Data, Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies, Information from Clearbit Indexers, Clearbit Browser Extensions|
|Professional or Employment-related Information||employer, industry, title, role, sub-role, seniority||Your Interactions With Us, Integrated First Party Data, Information from cookies, web server logs, and other technologies, Information from Clearbit Indexers, Clearbit Browser Extensions|
Please note that Personal Information as defined in the CCPA does not include the following: (i) publicly available information, as that term is defined in the CCPA; (ii) deidentified or aggregated consumer information; or (iii) information otherwise excluded from the scope of the CCPA.
Use of Personal Information
Clearbit used or disclosed the Personal Information we collected for one or more of the following business purposes and objectives within the last 12 months:
- To directly respond to your requests or inquiries or to otherwise meet the reason for which you provided the information.
- For our internal operational and administrative purposes, maintaining and servicing your account with us, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling your orders and transactions with us, verifying your information, processing payments, and internal business functions such as accounting and forecasting.
- For auditing, security, debugging, maintaining the quality and safety of our services, and service performance purposes.
- To measure traffic and usage activity on our Site for purposes of improving and enhancing the functionality of our Site, to look for possible fraudulent activity, and to better understand the sources of traffic and transactions on our Site.
- To provide personalized and streamlined information across related pages on our Site by identifying whether you have visited specific pages on our Site or seen one of our advertisements.
- To develop Attribute Data for commercial purposes (see the Section below titled “Sharing and Selling” for more information on the commercial uses of Attribute Data).
- To undertake internal research and development of our Services.
- To undertake activities to verify and maintain the quality of our Services and the integrity, accuracy, and completeness of Attribute Data.
- As necessary to share with our service providers and third parties (see the Section below titled “Sharing and Selling” for more information on the service providers and third parties with whom we share Personal Information).
- To comply with law, legal process, and internal policies and to exercise and defend legal claims.
- As described to you before or at the time of collection of your Personal Information, or as otherwise permissible under the CCPA.
Sharing and Selling
Disclosures for a Business Purpose
We share Personal Information with the following categories of service providers or third parties:
- Service providers who provide us with critical services such as web hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure (such as cloud computing), customer service, email delivery, security and other auditing, advertising or marketing, and similar services.
- Affiliates and contractors, and similar affiliated entities or individuals.
Categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed for a business purposes within the last 12 months include: identifiers; customer record information; commercial information; internet or electronic network activity; geolocation data (only at the city, state, and country level, and only for Companies, not Professionals or individuals); and professional or employment-related information.
Disclosures or "Sales" for a Commercial Purpose
Within the last 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information in a manner that may be considered a “sale” as defined in the CCPA: identifiers, commercial information, internet and other electronic network activity, geolocation data (only at the city, state, and country level, and only for Companies, not Professionals or individuals), and professional and employment-related information.
For clarity, the Personal Information disclosed and/or sold by Clearbit within the above identified categories is limited to Attribute Data about Companies and Professionals affiliated with those Companies. No sensitive Personal Information is collected, shared, disclosed, or sold by Clearbit.
You may opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information on a going-forward basis by clicking the button below. You may also opt-out by following the process described in the “Exercising Your Rights” section, below.
The CCPA provides California consumers with several individual rights with respect to Personal Information. Note that these rights apply to individual consumers, not to Companies. This section describes those rights in detail and provides information on how to exercise those rights.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise any of the rights described in this section, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (866) 241-4820 with (i) a complete description of your request, including the specific right(s) you wish to exercise and (ii) sufficient information about you so we can confirm that your request is a verifiable customer request, including at a minimum your name and email address. Once we have received your verifiable consumer request, we will respond consistent with applicable law. Please note that you may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order for us to process a request from your authorized agent, we must (i) confirm that the agent is a natural person or business entity registered with the Secretary of State that you have authorized to act on your behalf, (ii) receive from you a copy of the written authorization that provides the authorized agent to act on your behalf, and (iii) verify your identity by asking you to provide us sufficient information in order to do so.
Access and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Opt-Out of Sales of Personal Information
You have the right to direct us not to sell your Personal Information on a going-forward basis. Please click the button labeled DO NOT SELL MY INFO in the section titled “Disclosures for a Commercial Purpose”, above, to manage your opt-out preferences with respect to this right.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your rights under the CCPA, subject to certain limitations. Please note that we reserve the right to offer you certain financial incentives as permitted by the CCPA that may result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time by contacting us.
Changes to this CCPA Policy
We reserve the right to amend this CCPA Policy at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this CCPA Policy, we will post the updated notice on the Site and update the CCPA Policy effective date at the top of the page. By accessing or using the Site and/or the Services, you acknowledge that you have read this CCPA Policy and, to the extent it applies to you, that you agree to the practices described in this CCPA Policy.